Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 2: I'm aching, but motivated!

HAHA So I promised myself that during this process I am going to blog the entire way. We'll see how that goes considering I am starting on Day 2 of my training! Lord I swear I'd be late for my own funeral! LOL

Well for starters: HIIIII!!!! *waves crazily* Welcome to my training blog. I don't know if anyone will read this but if you are out there and you do....I pray that this blog will let you in on a little about me and serve as inspiration or at the very least someone you can relate to in some way. I am also blogging from myself because I find that writing is a source of therapy and self-motivation for me. I love to take the time to really express myself and my ideas on the world even if its just for me, but if it helps someone else, that's even better.

I've decided to run the Boston Marathon for many reasons:

1. I've always wanted to be a runner (going all the way back to being the track manager in high school) and honestly I think that after you run a marathon, you're a runner for life.

2. I want to get into shape. My entire adult life (I'm 29) and most of my teens I've been overweight. And I don't want to feel like I am in a fat suit for the rest of my life. I mean, I know I can do it. I just need some structure and something to motivate me. I want to be fit and happy, not fat and miserable. I've spent too many years like this. I don't want to be some unrealistic weight. I'm a 14-16 right now and I would like to get to a 10-12. I think that's reasonable and healthy for my height regardless of what the BMI says.

3. I want to help others. The money that I raise will sponsor one teen to have a summer job this year. I want to help a teen learn job responsibilities and maybe get some money to help their family during this tough economic time and what better way to do that, than raise money?

4. Why not? I work at John Hancock (the sponsor of the Marathon) and they allow any employees to run without having to qualify which is an amazing opportunity. If I have an opportunity why not take advantage, who knows if I'll ever get it again.

5. Personal motivator: I want to teach myself discipline on a deeper level and physical and mental dedication. I have always been a procrastinator unless I HAD to do something right away. I want to prove to myself that I can stick with a program, motivate myself, and pull thru.

6. If I can do this, I can do anything. Never in a million years would I have thought that I could do something like this. I never believed in myself enough, coupled with my weight challenges it wasn't even an option. From the moment I ran 2 minutes without stopping, I knew I could do anything.....so I want to prove to myself that I can do anything I put my mind to and succeed (on my own terms).

7. Passing the bar. I am taking the bar on July 27-28, 2010. I feel like, If I can conquer my fitness challenges (that I have struggled with for over 18 years) this one test is NOTHING in comparison. So again it's a personal motivator.

So yesterday (December 8th, 2009) was my first day of training and I barely made it thru 3 miles. I mean a couple of months back (September/October) I could run for 30 minutes without barely breaking a sweat. Now, after 10 minutes I felt like stopping, not to mention the fact that I went a lot slower than I normally would. When I woke up this morning, I was aching from waist to toes. So today I did the elliptical for 55mins. I am going to tackle running again tomorrow and see if I can get through at least 4 miles (even if I have to stop in between and walk). I know this could be the time where I would beat myself up, but I am not going to do that. I am where I am and I just have to take it one day at a time until I meet that finish line on April 19th 2010.

I know I can do it, and I will.

Peace & Positivity,

Journi

Again thank you for taking time to read my blog....it means a lot to me. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment